Serving Buffalo, Rochester & Syracuse, NY
We give you the personal attention of a small business that delivers big corporate results!
Great Lakes Building Systems (GLBS) is a leading regional integrator of Fire Safety & Commercial Security Systems in Buffalo, Rochester & Syracuse, NY. Our products and services include the design, engineering, installation and service of engineered Fire Safety & Security Systems. Key systems and services include: Fire Suppression Systems, Fire Alarm Systems, Mass Notification Systems, Security / Intrusion Systems, CCTV, Access Control, IP Security Solutions, 24/7 Service Department, Central Station Monitoring and Code Compliant Inspection / Test to commercial, educational, health care, industrial and retail facilities.
GLBS is a locally owned family business. Our co-founder, company President and CEO- John F. Wojdan has been in the fire protection industry in Western New York for 40 years. Our dedicated and highly trained staff adds even more combined years of experience serving clients in Western and Central New York.
Our commitment to quality and credibility is never-ending. We are approved by the New York State Office of General Services to provide fire and security solutions. We are industry leaders in emergency response times. We continuously invest in making our experienced team even better, providing development such as training by Notifier, Honeywell, Fike, Axis, Vicon, Buckeye and other top industry names. We take great pride in the fact that we have more N.I.C.E.T. certified technicians then all of our competitors combined! We make sure we are current with New York State and federal codes to ensure our customers stay protected, and compliant. We utilize a web-based reporting system to ensure your service is consistent and accurate.
Industry leaders know what Great Lakes Building Systems offers its customers. That’s why Notifier by Honeywell honored us in 2016 as its DISTRIBUTOR OF THE YEAR, choosing us from among 450 Notifier dealers nationwide.
We are passionate about professionalism as well as building and maintaining long-term relationships with business owners and property managers. Whether it’s your manufacturing headquarters, office or a place that tenants call home, our mission is to provide not only the right equipment but the right service to keep you, your employees and your own clients secure.
We realize you have a choice. It’s what reminds us every day, “We must work hard to get your business and even harder to keep it!”
- Our Sales & Administration Department works directly with customers to craft a quality professional and detailed quotation for our services. These include end-user “turnkey” solutions, “parts and smarts” to contractors as well as service and monitoring contracts.
- With sales and service offices located in Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse, we are ready to assist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We serve clients in various sectors including education, health care, commercial, industrial, retail, rental properties, and public safety facilities.
- Our Engineering Department offers system design, using AutoCAD drawings and complete project submittal packages to satisfy even the most demanding engineer or Authority Having Jurisdiction.
- Our Installation Department provides electrical and mechanical installation for all of our “turnkey” projects by staff fully licensed by New York State, factory trained and NICET Certified.
- Our Fire Suppression Department provides sales and complete service for any pre-engineered or engineered clean agent system, CO2 system or wet / dry chemical system.
- Our Technical Services Department are well-trained in high-end technical and computer integration and work directly with the customer’s information technology departments to ensure the project is successful and the customer is satisfied.
- Our Service Department is the cornerstone of GLBS, and made so by design. This dedicated staff is on call 24/7 and lives by this mission statement: “Keep every one of our customers happy and satisfied for life.”
- Headquarters: 3021 Transit Road, Elma, NY 14059. in addition to our business administration, we house our Customer Solutions Center, Engineering Department, and award-winning Service Department.
- Warehouse & Administration: 116 Gruner Road, Buffalo, New York NY 14227. At this 6500-square-foot facility, we serve your Fire Extinguisher, Kitchen Hood System, Industrial Fire Extinguishing System and Clean Agent Fire Suppression System needs.
- Rochester Office: 333 Metro Park, Suite 102-S, Rochester, New York 14623. This office houses both sales and service staff.
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- National Association of Fire Equipment Distributors (NAFED)
- Fire Suppression Systems Association (FSSA)
- American Fire Sprinkler Association (AFSA)
- National Institute of Certifying Engineers (NICET)
- Electronic Security Association (ESA)
- Western New York Electronic Security Association (WNYESA)
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA)
- TIPS Interlocal Purchasing System